Thursday, November 11, 2010

American Standard

Gouache on Illustration Board
8 x 10

This was my first experience with Gouache. It's been a love/hate relationship. I spent days in agony trying to get just any painting done. I lost track of how many pictures I tried to paint. The painting was due 8 am Monday morning. At midnight on Sunday I had a little "sit down" with those little gouache tubes of paint and said I'd give them one more try. I turned on a movie and got to work. When I woke up Monday morning, I was sitting on the floor with my painting and the sound of TV fuzz in my ears. I don't remember painting half of this, but I was glad it was done and it turned out far better than I had ever hoped for.

4 comments:

  1. YAY! You have your blog going! I am so proud of you, and your work is GREAT :) Keep the posts coming, cus I'm putting a link of your blog on mine now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh marisa...this brings back so many memories of you painting...right before it was due! You always did get it done though. I like the picture a lot! LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  3. opps i mean the gouache

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the play of warm and cool colors here. The water looks amazing and real. Great concept and idea. Love this one. You're pretty much amazing.
    Laura

    ReplyDelete