Thursday, November 11, 2010

Almost

Oil on Masonite Board
8 x 10

Yes, I almost threw this out in frustration. I almost gave it away in disgust. I almost sold this. It's really a painting of the bridge at the Civil War's Antietam Battlefield. I was learning a new technique with this painting that wasn't liking me very much. I almost threw it out and then my roommate said she'd take it. Then a guy from school almost bought it. So...this is my "almost" painting. Now that the frustration of the work is over, I really do enjoy and appreciate the layers in the painting and how they compliment one another. There is a gloss over the entire painting which has made it difficult to scan. It looks better in real life.

1 comment:

  1. I remember when I first saw this painting, I fell in love. I admit, I'm glad you didn't sell it to that guy because I think you should keep it. I admit, I wanted it too, but this is really a great portfolio piece.
    Laura

    ReplyDelete